Wednesday 25 September 2019

AM I PRODUCTIVE ?


AM I PRODUCTIVE ?

What has tempted me to think on above topic ? If I see anywhere I find people just glued to their mobile phone . After that to TV or internet or Netflex movie . The pattern of our life has changed and becoming from bad to worse . I don’t know what life means to different person . So I tried to ask myself what my life means to me ?

Answer was “happiness every second of my life “ . Going by this logic for most may be mobile , social media ,entertainment if gives happiness then they have right interpretation of life . So again thinking I got the answer “ happiness every second of my life but through what is productive for life “ .
I have been hearing the word productive since beginning of my career . In my early part of my career when anyone used to say about productivity or productive employee it was more related with how that person was helping in growth of organisation , business , adding more revenue . So productivity was more with success , money and career growth . Yes this gives happiness to many but is it a perfect scenario ?

With passage of time , experience and interaction with hard realities of life my interpretation of productivity has now got changed . My understanding of productivity is now in holistic sense , more to do with life .

 We live 60 or 70 or 80 years of life . If I take a person who lived say 75 years of his life it means he has lived 236.53 crore seconds of his life . But how many of his second has been productive ?
When I am saying Productive I mean am I using every second of my life correctly ? We all know time is the most precious thing in our life , it has a limit and we live a fixed life . But in that life also we do not live a single life but multiple life ( childhood, youth , mid , old ) . Time once lost is not recovered . I can not again become 40 year old or 17 year old .

Productivity for a kid is enjoying freely , productivity for a student means studying well but at the same time enjoying his youth times as well . For the ones who are in job productivity does not only mean earning more revenue for the company and salary in return but spending quality time with family and others who matter in his life .

In life there are many aspects – work , relationship, health, entertainment , relaxing , enjoyment etc etc . We spend our 24 hours every day involved in any one of these . The allocation of time to different aspects varies for different age group but there is limit of everything . Overindulgence in any activity is never good . Doing exercise , meditation , doing puja are all good things but these aspects also have a limit . one should not end up spending time more than required or for some things even less than required . Balancing of time w.r.t every aspect of your life which adds productivity is very important .

What is important from Productivity point of view if whatever we do should make us happy but at the same time not at the cost of harming anyone .  So now I will redefine Productivity as  “ happiness every second of my life but through activities which is productive for life and that does not harm anyone “,

Generally we have seen people working 12-14 hours a day regularly , called workaholic , praised by all but is he really productive  ? yes he might not be harming anyone else but harming himself . Is he spending some time to meditate , relax his mind , spending quality time with family . We have only 24 hours and you require a minimum 6-7 hours of sleep also . yes this person might be productive for his employer but not for himself in true sense . Yes he might be finding happiness but at what cost . if ignoring child when young will he get same response from his later years adult child when he has retired ?.  There can be many different types of examples . 

How to know the deviations , overindulgence or underindulgence and not balancing between each important aspects of life .

List down each aspect fully understanding its relevance for life as a whole . Of 24 hours earmark minimum time you should be giving to each aspect . Try to maintain that . We are all human being and bound to err so every day before sleeping spend at least 5-10 minutes with yourself -sit quietly , ask yourself, introspect what you did the whole day and your inner self will give you answer what you should not be doing , what you missed and improvement will come slowly but surely .

The basic purpose of this article is to awaken everyone before its too late and we repent after 20-30 years . Looking at todays generation over indulgence only in tech related things I don’t know what the life will be then.

No comments:

Post a Comment